Thursday, October 11, 2012

Long time no see!

OMG has she disappeared already? 
Do not be afraid (or, as the case may be, hopeful). 
I aten't dead. I am still here. 

I admit I've felt a bit burned out after the huge effort that was the Super Mario Bros cake, plus the night shifts at work have been upon me again, and - no matter how much I refine my strategies to get some sleep during the day - they never fail to mess me up for days to follow. 

As far as this blog is concerned, I mainly thought up some new features I could do to keep you  guys (and gals) interested when I'm not in a baking mood, or have no time to engage in fancy decoration. 

One of those you already got a taste of - it's the Tried & Tested section, where I will ramble about the food I've sampled (mainly outlandish stuff from the many ethnic markets in my town) and the restaurants I've been to. 

The other is a pet project of mine, the one I've been wanting to kick into motion ever since the very beginning: The Fanbaking Project

OK, so in a sense I did so already, with the tutorials for making Japanese Curry and then Kareh-pan
It was great fun and I will surely keep hunting for ways to reproduce food seen (or read about) in my favourite movies, anime, manga and books; but other foodies have been doing this for a while and far better than I could hope to.
Jump to Fictional Food if you don't know what I'm talking about, because seriously, that blog is everything I wish mine could be. It's smart, entertaining, has beautiful photography, and you wouldn't believe the lenghts she has gone to in order to get her Hunger Games-inspired dishes just rightNow that is dedication!

What I really want to do, and I don't think anyone is doing right now - but feel free to prove me wrong on this! - is a Cupcake Portraits series. 
I will, in short, bake (and maybe decorate) cupcakes inspired each by a specific character, picked from different sources according to my whim. 
I think in the near future I will focus on the manga (and anime) series Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler, and on the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. 
Because this, my Lords and Ladies, is how I roll at the moment!

...oh, and by the way: tomorrow I should get the first drafts of what will be my logo. 
Aren't you excited? Because I AM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment