Monday, November 18, 2013

Once more unto the breach!

Sorry sorry sorry!
I keep dropping off the blogging world, but... this time I have a good reason if nothing else! 
See, I am finally baking again - my biggest cake ever (it serves 24), and my first go at... stacked cakes OMG!
Nedless to say, I'm frantic, tired and overworked, and dead scared about everything that could (and probably will) go wrong. 
And I'm feeling more elated than I've been in a long time. 

I'm allowing you guys a sneak peek at my WIP...


(Please ignore the clutter...)
See? It's going to be for a Spiderman-themed birthday party, so there will be ol' Spidey climbing down the skyscraper once it's finished.
And I'm going to put silhouette buildings all around the bottom tier, to make it look a bit more like New York. 

BTW this reminds me that I haven't shared my trusty "sturdy chocolate cake recipe" yet.
I'm not even sure I have a right to call it mine, honestly, as it's 99% an average mudcake, with a few very minor tweaks I introduced to make it extra durable. 
It's an awesome base IMHO, for children especially - it's rich and fudgey and extremely chocolatey, so that a single slice will satisfy even the sweetest tooth in the world.
Plus it's dense and sturdy (for carving or stacking), and it keeps for up to three weeks in your refrigerator. For real!

I'll have to convert the recipe in cup measurements before I can post it, so please stay tuned.

For the finished cake too, of course! 

(...Er. You do want to see it, don't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment